Background

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Shopping's Never Been So Fun

Grocery shopping has taken on a whole new meaning.

My mother-in-law, Dianne, told me about this awesome grocery store here in Richmond: Ukrop's. I love this store. They emphasize produce and organic foods, but they also have the best smelling bakery I've ever stepped foot in. And the best strawberries I've EVER eaten. But the reason for this post is actually to rave about the customer service at this store. I must say it delivers Southern hospitality at its finest (yes, it still exists.)

But first let me mention that the other day I purchased nearly $40 worth of groceries there for about $20 because of valuable coupons (thanks, Dianne!) and money back for signing up to receive a Valued Customer Card.

Okay, so, as I was checking out, the kind bagger lady told me that she'd take my groceries out to the car for me. Was she for real?? I responded, "Oh, that's okay," since I'm used to doing it myself. She said, "Well, that's what we do here!" Great! So she pushed the grocery cart out to my car, chatting with me and telling me about the coupons I could find inside the store magazine I had picked up. Then she proceeded to unload my groceries into the car for me and wish me a good day. Made for a lovely shopping experience I must say, especially since grocery shopping typically isn't noteworthy.

Ukrop's Web site is really awesome, too. It features recipes, coupons, store sales alerts, and a tool to build your own shopping list.

And to top it all off, Ukrop's is closed on Sundays (so I heard!) :) Hardly ever see that anymore. I think I've found my new shopping mecca.

And by the way, we absolutely love Richmond so far. Ukrop's is just one of its fine selling points. ;)

6 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

do they sell shoes??

Jenny said...

amylouwho,
That would make it pretty much perfect, wouldn't it?! :)

melanie said...

how do you only spend $40 (well I guess $20) at the grocery store? today I got out at $83 and I was so proud of myself.
I know Ukrops is nice, reminds me some of Wegmans.

J. Melody said...

Jenny, I haven't checked in for a while and now there's oh too much for me to comment on. I at least have to squeeze in that I can't believe you have a mini-van already. Is there news you're not telling? I'm so happy you love Richmond. It's got to be nice living closer to both grandparents. Aaron will be oh so spoiled. I have more to say but don't want to hog all the comment space so we'll have to talk soon...

Michelle said...

Jenny, what a great find! I wish that there was someplace like that in Oregon! So glad to hear that you are enjoying Richmond. How does Mike like his job?

Jenny said...

Michelle,
Mikes loves his job! Thanks for asking. He's enjoying the new challenge and has a great team of mentors. He's learning a ton. I'm happy for him. Regarding your comment about stork parking, yes, it's the best! It's so convenient to be able to park close to the store with a little one in tow. (Stork parking is generally right next to handicapped parking.)