Background

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our Dream Car :)


Yes, it's true. We did the inevitable and bought a mini van. Never really considered myself the mini-van "type", but hey, life surprises you sometimes.

We love the roominess of the vehicle, and Mike especially likes the stow-n-go seats in the back row. I think he has visions of going camping in the van at some later date (have fun!) ;) and of using the extra space to haul his bike.

One might wonder: Why buy a mini van when there are just three people involved? I asked myself this same question. We figured it was a practical purchase, and we hope this car will last us a good long time. Plenty of room to grow! It's a 2003 with low miles -- that's our kinda deal. And with a Honda, you can't go wrong. That's my philosophy on cars, anyway!

Mike sold his car before we left Oregon, so buying a new one was our first order of business here. Glad it's done! Kudos to Mike for finding us a good deal.

Here's to many happy travels in the kid cruiser! Aaron has the entire back of the van to himself ... for now anyway. ;)

Oh, I'm such a mini-van mom now!!

On a side note, both my older brother and sister own white mini vans as well. Just stickin' with Stathis tradition. :) Just kidding. This was not planned. Astonishing, I know. We're going to have quite the fleet now!

9 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

Welcome to the mini-van club! You're driving in mom-style now! Looks great! Never can go wrong with a Honda. I hope you are enjoying life in VA again!
Miss you,
Mindy :)

amylouwhosews said...

hehehe you are on your way to soccermomdon. I can just see the back full of soccer balls in your near future!

(And probably some shopping bags from Banana and Nine West - hahaha)

Unknown said...

You bought a van??!!! I didn't think you were the type!! (I am just giving you a hard time). It's nice to have the extra room and the gas mileage is soooo much better than my guzzler Pilot. Now you have plenty of room for the Nordstrom and Banana shopping bags. Happy Trails and Shopping!!

Unknown said...

Your van is very cute. Sorry I gave you such a hard time. ;)

Arnells said...

So glad that you guys made it! I hope all is going well. Congrats on the van, very exciting. Keep us posted!

Michelle said...

You won't regret your purchase. It makes life with kids on the road so much more pleasant!

Trish and Matt said...

I've been driving Matt's car around for the past few days and getting the kids in and out of car seats is just impossible. We LOVE our Odyssey and hope you have a great experience with yours, too. Can't beat it when it comes to road trips.

I always laugh when we pull into the church parking lot ... it's like showing up for a used minivan auction.

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you got a van. It makes life so much easier when it comes to get getting kids in and out. You won't regret it for sure.

senategirl said...

Jim is postively green with envy. He really, really wants one. The mini van will be our next car purchase, but we aren't in a rush since we are enjoying no car payments anymore!