Background

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Some Stathis Success Stories (say that five times fast)


Aunt Traci, Aaron and my Mom

Last week I was able to witness a few shining moments for the Stathis family. Aaron and I spent some time at my parents' house before and after traveling with them to Ithaca, New York, to visit my sister and her family.

First, we attended my younger brother David's softball game and watched him smash the ball into the outfield, yielding a home run for his team. They were victorious! David plays for the City of Alexandria League. It was fun to watch him play and to be at the game with my parents; Aaron; and David's wonderful wife, Traci. David is a star athlete who excels at every sport in which he takes part -- tennis, basketball, even games like croquet (he's the reigning croquet champ at his work.) The great thing about David is that you'd never know about his athleticism unless you hear it from someone else or see him in action. David, the computer genius that he is, also just launched his own IT business: Stathis Consulting. He's going to make us all famous. :)


Uncle David and Aaron

Day after the game, we attended a presentation my Dad gave at the Library of Congress. He enlightened us all about the history of Congress, a topic he was able to hone in on during a year as a Kluge Fellow. He was selected for the Fellowship, which provides time to focus on a research area of interest without all the other work distractions and responsibilities. During this year, my Dad was able to devote time to researching the depths of Congress and writing the book of his dreams: "Landmark Debates In Congress." He worked so hard on his book, and it's beautifully done! (Almost.) :) Great job, Dad!! Can I have an autographed copy please??


My Dad with a colleague

The week concluded with the dance recital of my sweet niece, Ramona, in Upstate New York. She looked so beautiful on stage. I can honestly say this girl has no stage fright whatsoever!! She loved being in the limelight and was so graceful and on cue. We had a wonderful visit with my sister and her family. Sasha, the second oldest daughter, took a keen interest in Aaron. The two became great buds over the weekend. Thanks, Sasha, for looking out for him!


The ballerina girl


Aaron and Sashie

I guess a blog is a venue where it's okay to brag about family. ;)

4 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

Isn't it so nice being close to family again! What great stories about those Stathis'! Love you!
Mindy

Michelle said...

It really just warms my heart to hear all about what you are able to be a part of now that you are at home. We all miss you here in Oregon, but none of these experiences would be available to you here. I am just so happy for you, Jenny!

Trish and Matt said...

Absolutely! It's your blog -- you can write/brag about whatever suits you. And we love hearing it all. Keep it coming.

J. Melody said...

What a great family. Please send my regards to your mom and dad. They're my favorite. Aaron is getting cuter by the day!