Background

Friday, June 29, 2012

Insomnia ...

.. stinks! I have had the worst insomnia this pregnancy. I've never had it this consistently until now. For the last several weeks, every night without fail I am awake in the middle of the night for up to several hours. Last night I think I was awake from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. (This is why I'm in bed by 9 p.m. I've got to squeeze some sleep in!) It's just hard because I'm sick all day and then can't adequately rest at night. Last night I was tempted to read or do something "productive" during my awake time, but then I didn't want to stimulate my mind and make it even harder to fall back asleep. I should just get up and throw in a load of laundry ...

Has anyone else out there had bad insomnia during pregnancy or at any other time? Any advice for helping to reduce it or get rid of it altogether? Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Sincerely,
So sleepless

p.s. I must say I am very grateful for Sunday afternoon naps. (For some reason I can easily conk out on this day.) They have been my saving grace! Mike has been so kind and understanding about giving me this time to rest!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Insomnia is the worst... I'm so sorry you have to deal with it! I'm going to email you what I did to cure mine

Jenny Ramsey said...

um, thanks for telling me you were pregnant!!

Bronwynn said...

Jenny, i had terrible insomnia with Grace. I think mine was stressed induced.Having to move etc. My gyn put me on upto50mg of unisom mixed with 50g of vit B6. It helps the insomnia and the nausea. That was per-day. I took it right before bed. It takes about 12 hours for 50 mg to wear off--for me. But I took the full dose becuase it really took my nausea down in the morning. All the best Jenny.

Bronwynn said...

That was 50 mg of vitamin b6 not 50 g. sorry