Background

Monday, June 4, 2012

Grant's Stats and New Bike-Riding Skills!

Granty had his three-year checkup today with our new pediatrician, who is just wonderful. She hails from Colorado and has 25 years of experience. She is just warm and friendly -- I love that! She asked Grant where he got his blue eyes from, and Aaron piped in, "Jesus!" The doctor said, "Yes, Jesus did a great job making this little boy" (or something like that.) I thought it was so sweet. With Grant in the 77th percentile for weight at about 33 pounds, she noted that Grant is not fat, but "stocky" with big bones. :) She asked him what his favorite fruit was, and he replied, "pineapples." That was a surprise to me! He has good taste though :) He's in the 56th percentile for height at 37.5 inches. I should also note that Grant is a very sweet little boy and, although he's heavy and I don't like carrying him anymore, he's still my little sweetheart!

Turning 3 marked a big milestone for Grant -- he learned how to ride a two-wheeler! (This is what happens when your husband is a bike enthusiast.) Grant learned in just a couple of mornings with Dad helping him before he left for work. He's riding like a pro now and can ride alongside his brother. I see many bike adventures in their future! I hope to get a bike soon, too (hint, hint) so I can keep up with these boys! A beach cruiser will do ... one with tassels and a yellow basket up front ... something to putt around the neighborhood on!

Here he goes:


2 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

That is amazing both your boys are already riding 2 wheelers. Hope you can get a bike soon. Family bike rides are the best. I can totally see you on one with a basket.

Ashley said...

I cannot believe Grant rides a two wheeler! They are just precious:)