Background

Monday, July 2, 2012

Ice Water Is My New Best Friend

Remind me to never be pregnant again during Arizona summer months. It is miserable. Being sick and having a higher internal body temperature than normal, and then adding crazy Arizona heat doesn't make for fun times. Thankfully ice water helps ... a lot. I drink a lot of it.

Today I even had a strong urge to go jump in a cold pool to cool down. And I was inside in air conditioning. But alas, Grant was napping so that wasn't possible. I am trying to stay cool. Trying to stay awake during the day (though I admit I do close my eyes sometimes,) and trying to remember how fortunate I am that it is hot at the beginning of my pregnancy and not at the end when I am large and uncomfortable. My heart goes out to women in their last trimester right now! I truly am so grateful for the miracle of being able to have another baby. This summer shall pass, and then the weather will be truly beautiful and I will be in heaven! In the meantime, ice water is my new best friend!

4 comments:

Jenny Ramsey said...

be thankful you can keep it down! for some reason, water never stayed down with my other babies. this one has been okay. but with the others? no way! i could drink milk, ensure, koolaide but water would come right back up. i was always so excited when i could take down a glass of water without running for the bathroom. :)
hang in there girl! i bet you will be feeling much better soon!

Inspiration Station said...

I'm so glad water is helping. You are looking at this with such a positive perspective. Hang in there! Just think, in a few months, Arizona weather will be so pleasant.

Unknown said...

I haven't been reading your blog enough...didn't know you were expecting! Congrats! And this phase will be over before you know it. Miss you all!

Ashley said...

Get in the baby pool! I did that all last summer when I was pregnant with my August baby:)