Background

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our First Run-In With the Local Authorities

This morning I saw a sheriff walking across our yard, and then he starting pounding on the front door. When I went to answer the door, he said, "We got a 911 hang-up call from this house."

"Oh that must have just been my son playing with the phone. I apologize," I said. Sure enough, I turned around to see Aaron playing with the phone. "When did you receive the call?" I asked. "Just a few minutes ago," he responded. "We tried calling the number back."

Oops!

Those police sure are responsive!

When I told Mike about the incident, his response was, "Well, did you offer them breakfast?"

Well, no. Was I supposed to?? :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Always offer the police breakfast! I always have a pop tart on hand if I get pulled over for speeding. hee hee (j/k) It's amazing he dialed 911 being that they are the two keys on the phone that are the furthest apart :o)

senategirl said...

Oh, that is funny! Embarrassing too. I have been trying to wean Kate from playing with the phone. She loves dialing numbers and I know she will one day call the authorities and I would be oblivious.

Michelle said...

I got the phone call back when Evan accidentally did the same. Luckily, there was no sheriff at my door. What a funny story!

Halliday's said...

Ack!!!! This happened to us too when we lived with Eric's parents. It was a little embarrassing to say the least as Eric grew up with one of the 2 officers who came by. I suppose it was one way for us all to become reacquainted. Ha! Ha! Mike is too funny! Breakfast??? : )