Background

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Words

So Aaron's been saying things like "hi" and "hey", especially to cashiers and people in public. At least that's what it sounds like he says. But tonight he started saying one word over and over again, consistently: DADDY!!! What? you ask. Not mama? I know, I was shocked too. :)

It's still up in the air, but we think he might really understand who "Daddy" is ... when Mike was using the facilities tonight, Aaron kept banging on the door saying "Daddy" (his funny version of it) over and over.

It's funny to hear words come out of such a small person! He's growing up too fast!!!

Maybe someday he will say "Mama" too. :)

5 comments:

melanie said...

I swear, I think daddy must just be easier to say because I think all my kids said daddy before mommy and for 2 of them it was their first word. That's cute he's starting to talk.

senategirl said...

Oh, he KNOWS who his Daddy is! No doubt about it. I can just picture him banging on the door. Hilarious.

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

All my kids said Daddy first. It's easier to say in my opinion. I want to see more photos of Aaron in action!!

Michelle said...

Oh how adorable! I love first words! And Aaron adores Mike. I'm sure he has been understanding a lot for a long time. Babies are so much smarter than we think.

Halliday's said...

It totally doesn't surprise me that he says "Hey." He's just copying his mama! : ) Too cute! In fact, my theory on why they say daddy first is because we, the mom's, are always saying, "Daddy's home!" Or "Go get Daddy!" Or "Say bye to Daddy!" Etc... They hear it over and over again way more than "Mommy." Well, at least that's how it's been in my house. The babes definitely pick up on what we say, don't you think?