Background

Friday, September 19, 2008

Mike's Trip To Utah

Mike just returned from a quick trip to Utah to see his Grandma Mathis. The night before he left, we all drove north together to see our wonderful friends, the Oshitas, who were visiting the area. They were in town doing the D.C.-touristy thing, so we had them over for dinner at my parents' house. I met the Oshitas on my mission, and we all ended up in Roseburg -- go figure! It was so great to see them, and their daughter Jaime, again. Brought back so many great memories -- from both my mission and from living in Roseburg.

Mike's parents were able to join the bunch for dinner, too. It worked out perfectly, because a highlight of the evening was seeing Aaron take his first steps! Three or four consecutive ones! It was perfect timing since we were all there to witness it. (Frankly, I think Aaron hammed it up for the audience!) ;) He looked so cute doing his wobbly walk. It was bittersweet seeing him walk for the first time. So cute!

The next day Mike left and had a great visit with his grandmother in Green River. (Mike's family grows and sells the famous Green River watermelons, if you've ever heard of them.) I'm glad he was able to see her again. He also spent time with his brother and sister and her family, among other relatives. He also saw our dear friends from Roseburg, the Ambrose family, who moved to Salt Lake about a year ago. He greatly appreciates everyone's kindness and hospitality. He was sad to leave but of course happy to see Aaron (and hopefully me) again! ;)


Oshitas


Mike and his Grandma Mathis


Mike's sister, Ann, and her son, Jacob


Ambrose family

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Jenny! I can't believe he took his first steps already... and before his first birthday, too! I love it that he did it for such a large audience. I'm so glad that you got to see the Oshitas. I hope you felt a little Roseburg love eminating from them to you and your family. We sure miss you all!

J. Melody said...

Oh sure, Mike comes to Utah without you, how dare he? I can't believe Aaron is growing up so quickly. Also I forgot to tell you I moved my return date up. I leave Germany Oct.24. I can't remember your dates, so let me know...

Maddy said...

our boys are going to be TROUBLE once they're both walking. That's so cute that Aaron is. I get back in town on Wednesday and I think we'll need to do another girl's night pretty soon :)

Halliday's said...

I didn't know Mike's family grew those delicious watermelons! I love them! Man, I can't believe Aaron performing for the crowd! I'm wondering who he got that from?? haha! You look great! : )