Background

Friday, September 12, 2008

Evidence That Fall Is Upon Us


I love this season! Nothing says fall like a little (literally) sweet potato pie. Yum. And I noticed today that our gorgeous leaves are already changing to vivid shades of red, yellow and orange. (This also means insane leaf raking is upon us!) :/ My favorite season is here. Besides fabulous food and spectular fall foliage, I love the glorious weather; the crispness in the air; the sweet, cozy sweaters; fall festivals; the anticipation of upcoming holidays; hot apple cider; and my absolute fave, pumpkin pie. Happy autumn!

What does your fall look like?

p.s. I found this charming, shabby chic entry table for super cheap at T.J. Maxx. :)

7 comments:

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

I really miss VA in the fall after this post. It is soooo beautiful. We don't have mature trees on our lot so we won't be raking or playing in leaves for a long time. Take a photo of Aaron in a pile of leaves and post! Miss you and VA!

Michelle said...

You say it so well Jenny. I love fall too!

Maddy said...

so cute! if you guys need help raking, we can make it a play date :)

Familia Forsloff said...

I would love to be back east for the fall. I've always loved the movies that take place anywhere east during the fall. I start to daydream that Im wearing cute boots, an overcoat, and a knit cap drinking hot chocolate outside people watching.

Bubbles said...

Look at you getting all domestic. I love it!!! Yeah, our seasons here in CA are Fire season and non/fire season. That's pretty much it! Gotta love the East. However, I will not miss the bitter cold winters

Halliday's said...

Love the table! Bargains are awesome especially when they add a lot of charm to an entry way.

Halliday's said...

I'm in denial that fall is here. I mean where did the summer go??Sigh! However, I am liking the fact that I can bake goodies without dying of a hot kitchen.