Background

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Happy 38th Anniversary Today!


Happy anniversary to a special couple (no bias or anything!) :)

To many they are Barbara and Steve, but to me they are Mom and Dad. I am thankful for the love, encouragement and support they've always given me. Mom, thank you for telling me that I can do anything I set my mind to (and believing it). That has always stuck with me. Dad, thanks for the help in choosing a college major -- it's something that has turned into a lifelong love. Thank you both for being so fun to laugh with, for being so kind and gracious, for loving your children, for supporting us, for forgiving us, for believing in our capabilities, for serving so selflessly and quietly, for forgiving others, for your generosity, for teaching me so much by your examples, for teaching me to be independent, for lifting me up when I was down, for loving your grandchildren so tenderly, for coming to visit when we had Aaron, for truly living good lives, for sincerely loving and serving your neighbors, for encouraging me to follow my dreams, for always opening your lovely home to your friends and mine, for dropping me off in New York City for the summer and then picking me up, for supporting me and writing me on my mission, for praying for the people I taught, for praying for me, for guiding me every day of my life, and for being yourselves. Thank you, finally, for teaching me to believe in myself and to never give up. You are truly remarkable people. I can't believe I get to be your daughter! How lucky am I?? I feel so blessed to have you as parents.

Anyone who knows my parents knows how kind, witty, patient, loving, and wonderful they are. Congratulations, Mom and Dad, for 38 years of marriage. Thank you for hanging in there. As Dad likes to say, "Life isn't meant to be an endurance contest." Thank you, both, for teaching me to enjoy life. I truly do.

You deserve a beautiful day! Hope you have fun in Ithaca this week. We love you. You mean so much to us! Here's to many more years ...

p.s. Happy anniversary, as well, to Lane and Erin - another truly wonderful couple! This day must be reserved for special couples like you guys! ;)

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Your parents must be such wonderful people! They're surely so proud of you and all that you are and do. Thanks for sharing what makes them special to you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Familia Forsloff said...

Thanks Jenny...we had a great anniversary..we ate Italian and he got me a day at a spa!...Its exciting when I hear of other couples that got married when we did...I feel a little bond with them!

Inspiration Station said...

Your parents are such wonderful people! I'm so glad they had you! My mom showed me your family's Christmas card of all the grandkids and children. So neat to see you all together.
...from my blog, that was Stew's bro. Small world, huh.