Background

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Gilbert Temple Open House - a joy!

My beautiful friend Nicole and me at the temple.
I invited a special friend to attend the Gilbert Temple Open House, and she graciously accepted the invitation! (An "open house" is an opportunity for the public to tour the temple before it is dedicated.) We had a marvelous time! The temple was absolutely stunning. Then Mike drove up to the temple with her husband (they are friends too) and Aaron the following weekend. The three of them had a great time, as well. The Gilbert Temple is breathtaking!!

I asked Aaron if he could tell me a little about his experience at the temple. He said: I felt warm inside when I was watching the video. (They showed a beautiful video, giving some background on temples and the church, before the temple tour.) Then Aaron and I talked about how those feelings help us to know that what we are hearing is true. He said his favorite part of the temple was the baptismal font surrounded by oxen.

We are so grateful that our friends could experience the temple with us, a place so meaningful and special to us. It was truly a wonderful experience. It is true how we are promised great joy as we share the Gospel. I am so grateful we have such good friends with such good hearts. We love them!

Aaron looking snazzy before heading up to the temple.

1 comment:

Inspiration Station said...

So neat that you have a temple near by now. What an experience to be able to take a friend and share your faith with them.