Background

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

The stuff that love is made of

It's hard to put into words just how much moms love their children. My time with my children is more precious than anything else, and I'm just so thankful for each of them. Some days are fully chaotic, but I always go to bed happy. I feel so blessed. Our kids are all so different, but we all seem to mesh together well (most days) ;) What a blessing it is to be a mother! I couldn't ask for anything more. I love them so much!
 
I love how Grant crawled into bed with us last night because he was scared. I love how Sami is so happy to see daddy when he gets home from work (mostly because I get a break for a minute.) :) I love how Aaron is so curious about life and wants to be a good missionary at 6 years of age. I even love his obsession with costumes, badges, and maps. I love their sweet, sincere prayers and how they love learning about Jesus and Heavenly Father. I love their simple faith and how they want me to sing to them each night before bed (Mike thinks it's just a stalling tactic; I like to think they really like it.) :) I love their snuggles and cuddling up to read books together. I love our family dance parties--Grant's obsession. I love family bike rides. I love how Aaron wants me to volunteer at his school (I know that won't last forever.) I love how the boys recognize that they feel good inside when they are kind and good to others. We are far from perfect, but I am grateful we have this learning ground to grow and progress together. I'm grateful we have each other to help through the trials of life. I am grateful for the joy we share on a daily basis, how we can laugh together. Hopefully we are all better because of each other (I know I am better because of Mike.) The beauty of a family is that we can learn and grow together in love and offer unconditional support, despite our weaknesses and many imperfections. I love the quote "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." So true! Now if we could just get through a day without any sibling disputes! ;-)

No comments: