Background

Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're Back In Business!

Mike figured out a way to upload picts onto the laptop, so buying another computer suddenly doesn't seem so high-priority.



Baby Grant is doing so well! He has a much happier disposition; he's gleeful at the sight of anyone laughing or smiling. He had his first giggle yesterday. So sweet! He's doing so great. We're so happy he's in our family!



Aaron tends to sleep with four or five stuffed animals a night (don't worry; we remove most of them after he falls asleep.) We decided to add baby Grant to the mix.





Aaron accompanied Mike on a Cub Scout activity (Mike's a Cub Scout leader for the troop at our church.) Here Aaron is all decked out in his Scouting cap. They had a lot of fun and even went out for ice cream at Mickey D's afterward. Father-son bonding at its best!

p.s. You can get a glimpse of our blue dining room in the background. We went with a light shade of blue on top of the chair rail and a darker shade on the bottom to coordinate with the adjoining blue/chocolate brown living room. It turned out really nice! Thanks, Dad, for doing a great job painting. Blue supposedly suppresses the appetite, but we haven't found that to be the case so far!

Oh! And the chandelier used to be a tacky gold, but a friend and her mom spray painted it silver for us, and then I found some cute shades online. Total transformation! Love the silver with the blue walls, much more contemporary.

6 comments:

Trish and Matt said...

Looks great. Yeah -- we have tacky gold fixtures, too. Hadn't thought of spray-painting them!

Inspiration Station said...

I wish I could see your house all complete. It looks so great! Love the blue and new look to the light fixtures. Your boys are so cute together in bed. They're going to be best buds. My dad told me you have an article in the BYU alumni magazine. I can't wait to read it--you amazing writer you!

Traci said...

Grant is getting so big! I can't believe how much he's changed since we last saw you. I love the picture of Aaron giving Grant a hug in the crib. So sweet.

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

HI Jenny!! I haven't been on your blog for a long time. Your boys are sure growing are very cute. It sounds like you are adjusting well to motherhood of 2 kids. Way to go. It's hard but great huh? Oh and I like the blue kitchen and a great spray paint job. Love that trick! Come and visit my blog sometime...I am a crazy mom to 3 girls. Miss ya. Stacy

Michelle said...

Jenny your kitchen looks great, as do your two scouters!

Halliday's said...

I love the room! I wish I could go on a tour today!!!! : ) Just beautiful and soothing... " ) Mike's in scouts, eh? Eric has served there a few times over the past 10 years. It's fun for them! And they look great in uniform, don't you think??? :)