Background

Monday, August 10, 2009

What's Your Design Style?

I'm posting this for my sister who recently moved into a beautiful, brand-new home in Arizona. I thought this Ethan Allen quiz would be helpful as she's been trying to find a design style that suits her and her family. I can see how it would be fun, yet overwhelming to have a blank canvas to work with!

I took the quiz myself, and my styles are loft and estate. Here are descriptions. I think I'm definitely a combo!

Loft


The verdict is in—your style is Loft. Loft is energetic. Fashion-driven. Practical. Materials borrowed from industry, architecture, and nature. Clean shapes. Punches of color. Spontaneous and fresh. Kids and pets? Bring them on.

Estate

Estate is an eternal American summer. Sporty. Charming. Breezy yet cultivated. A union of antique inspiration and geometric clarity. Civilization in peaceful coexistence with robust outdoor life. In the main house or the guest cottage, effortless elegance.

Here's another style quiz, a good one.

2 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

I need to take that quiz. I have a feeling I'd come pretty close to what your's said.

I was annoyed that the other girl didn't fix her posts for Melanie, unless maybe she did through email and I just don't know about it....

Halliday's said...

I love the colors of both styles.. I'll have to take the quiz though. Fun!