Background

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our Little Cowboy





These photos were taken at Mike's parents' house. We were visiting them and Mike's aunt and uncle who were in town. Aaron has a fetish with trying on other people's shoes, and Mike's uncle's cowboy boots were no exception. Aaron happened to be wearing a country-ish shirt. Throw the Western belt around him, and we've got a cowboy on our hands. Doesn't take much. ;)

I decided to write a little bit about Aaron while I have a few minutes - or days - before the baby appears. Today I was thinking about how wonderful the last 19 months have been - how I have LOVED spending this time with Aaron. And then it dawned on me that I still get many more years with him, although it won't be quite the same with his sidekick by his side. :) Here are a few memories as of late:

-Today we were searching for my cell phone (it's been missing for the past few days.) I recalled that Aaron was the last one who had it, so I asked him where the cell phone was. After a few minutes of searching, Aaron opened the cabinet doors beneath the sink and retrieved the phone. I couldn't believe he remembered he hid it there! I never would have checked there. Good thing he did!

- Aaron's been really cute about giving hugs lately. He's especially fond of hugging his dad. Last night when Mike came home from work, he asked Aaron for a hug. Not only did Aaron give him a hug, but he kept going back and giving him hug after hug, for a total of probably about 10 hugs. He sure loves his daddy!

- Yesterday he said 'baby' for the first time. I wonder if he senses something ...

It's just been so fun to witness all the amazing stages of this child's life. I wouldn't trade this job for the world. Check back with me when I'm juggling two under 2 ... ;)

7 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

OH, you're so close. Aaron is such a cutie. Love the cowboy attire. I haven't seen him in so long, since he was a baby. It will be wonderful to see him as a toddler and your new baby when you come at Christmas. I hope so! May your delivery go by quickly and your new one be healthy! Love ya!

Jenny Ramsey said...

he is so sweet and will be a fantastic big brother! i can't believe it's almost time for you to have your little one!! it's going to be awesome, you'll see!

Traci said...

I love the cowboy boots.

Although he doesn't look to bad in heels either ;)

Thanks for sharing the sweet memories of Aaron. We can't wait to finally meet the new baby.

Unknown said...

2 under 2 will be a piece of cake for you!! I think it was harder going from 0 to 1 than it was going from 1 to 2. Good luck and I can't wait to hear how everything goes. Love you :)
p.s. thanks for sharing the precious moments! It's so good to get them in writing because you think you'll remember but you won't :(

Kristine said...

I was checking in because I knew you were getting really close to having your baby! Enjoy the last few days with your "Cowboy" - it will definitely be different.. but he will mature so much it will be crazy! Two boys are so much fun!

Michelle said...

I am so glad to see these darling pictures and to hear about what Aaron is up to! I hope everything goes well as you welcome your new baby to your wonderful family!

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

I have been thinking about you and how you are doing. It's almost time for #2. What a sweet boy you have-Aaron is looking more grown up-BIG BROTHER! Can't wait to see #2. Take care and please let us know when he arrives.