Background

Thursday, March 5, 2009

The Personality of a 17-Month-Old

This is just for my own recollection. :)

For the first time tonight, Aaron gave Mike and me goodnight kisses on the cheek. Sooo sweet! He's also been really into praying. If I forget to pray before a meal, he'll remind me by patting his wrist with his hand (that's his signal for 'pray'.) Talk about being put in my place! :) When we pray he'll fold his hands and bow his head. Closing the eyes will come later, I'm sure. :) Don't know if he's totally got it down though ... the other day he fed me a Cheerios during the prayer. :) Anyway, it's fun to see the growth and progress in this little guy. He's starting to say "hi" and "hello" and says "uh-oh," "daddy," "mama," and "me" lots. He loves to laugh and play outside. Such a fun stage!

Only one month until he goes into nursery at church, but who's counting? ;)

6 comments:

Maddy said...

i havent looked at your blog in forever! aaron is so cute. I really hope Britton picks up on the whole talking thing soon! It isn't just some passing trend ya know? haha

Michelle said...

So good of you to put these thoughts and milestones down, because it's easy to forget them otherwise. He sounds like such a light in your life. I am so glad he's praying, talking, and generally being Aaron!

senategirl said...

Isn't it so fun to see them do all these things? Each day is a new surprise. Aaron and Kate need to get together and play. Maybe they can pray together. ;-)

Halliday's said...

What a sweet little man! I'm going to miss this stage too! sigh... And yes, nursery will be great, except then what will I do with myself in RS? I'll probably be twiddling my fingers... Sometimes I rather like the hall. haha

Unknown said...

This totally reminds me of a time (right after I had Andrew)and we were at the dinner table and Brooke was saying the prayer (I was holding Andrew who was about a month old) and Brooke stopped mid prayer and said, "Andrew's eyes are open." It shows us that we are our job when our kids turn into the prayer police :o)

Familia Forsloff said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of Aaron looking out the window! cant wait till the day we get kisses and I hear, "Mommy, I love you!" Hes got the best examples as his parents! We miss you guys!