Background

Sunday, January 4, 2009

My Little Goggle Boy


I'm sure some, if not all, of you know this food-prep trick, but long ago I learned from a friend that wearing goggles while cutting onions prevents crying. And it works! No tears! Since moving into our new place, the goggles have been MIA. The other day I was preparing dinner, about to chop an onion, and gearing up for the tears. Along comes Aaron to the rescue ... I could've sworn swear he was wearing a little cape ... with goggles in his hand. I have no idea where he found them, but it was perfect timing! Now the goggles are appropriately stored in the utensil drawer. ;)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am dying of laughter!! That is a really good idea, though. I wonder is Williams Sonoma sells onion goggles (wink)!

Unknown said...

I meant "if", not "is"

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

I didn't know that....I have a pair lurking I think in one of my drawers by my swimsuit. Thanks for the tip and funny story. You look fab in them too Jenny.

J. Melody said...

Great idea about the goggles and how sweet that little guy is.

Familia Forsloff said...

Love the onion goggles..the things we do for a good meal! Those pics of Aaron are priceless...he is turning into such a little man!

Maddy said...

hahaha that is great!

senategirl said...

I just fell off the couch laughing! I love the picture!

Michelle said...

Oh Jenny, Aaron is your little knight in shining armour! I love this story and the picture of you and your onion!

Halliday's said...

Jenny...you make me laugh! I thought you were kidding!!!!! Apparently not! haha Whatever works, right?!

Halliday's said...

Oh, supposedly you can cut off both ends of the onion and it won't be so strong... Food Network hint... ")