Background

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Love My New Bag!



Isn't this bag darling? My great friend Amy, an amazing seamstress, made it for me for a belated birthday gift. I love it! It features two inside pockets, just the right size for diapers, and a cool key hook (perfect for people like me always losing their keys!) She also used red stitching to make it pop! I love the contrasting, yet coordinating, fabrics inside and out.

I wanted something classy yet fun, and I think Amy chose the perfect prints. This is my new diaper bag. Thanks for a gorgeous bag, Amy! (On a side note, must add that Amy's a pretty darn good matchmaker too ... she's the one who introduced Mike and me back when. Thanks for finding me a great husband, Amy!) Creating bags and matchmaking -- Amy's got some skills. ;)

Amy actually sells her bags, which come in the most amazingly beautiful fabrics. You can check out her blog here and her etsy shop here! Not too late to order a great, customized Christmas present!! Thanks again, Amy!

Here are a couple of examples of bags she just finished. Aren't the colors great?!



Watch out, Vera Bradley! ;)

Some detail shots of my bag:





(All pictures taken from Amy's blog.) :)

4 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

Awww, shucks! Thanks, Jenny.

I've gotten good responses from your bag on my blog too. It's being coveted the world round! ;)

I just got a custom order last night too - I'll tell you about it later - wouldn't want to give any secrets away here!

Familia Forsloff said...

those are great! you gotta love handbags! Lane just doesnt understand that I need one that has to match my outfit!

senategirl said...

What a talented friend you have! I'll have to check her site out!

Michelle said...

You are so lucky to have such a talented friend! I love the bag!