Background

Monday, November 24, 2008

Baby Number Two On The Way!

I went to my last doctor's appointment and learned that I'm further along than I thought -- I'm 14 weeks! That puts me due on May 22, and we find out the gender (in theory) on Dec. 17 ... just before Christmas! So fun. We think little Aaron will be a great big bro. We're so excited for another addition to the family.

So far I'm feeling great ... just tired. The fatigue has waned a little now that I'm over the hump of the first trimester. I feel my energy returning, little by little. But that still doesn't mean I have any desire to stay up past 10 o'clock! :) It just feels so good to sleep ...

Also, my appetite is returning. Seriously, the only thing that tasted good the first trimester was soft-serve ice cream. Could it be anymore cliche?? :) (It was that way when I was pregnant with Aaron too. That would explain the 40-pound weight gain!! I'm determined to gain significantly less this time.) That's a trademark of my pregnancies -- I totally lose my appetite the first trimester, which is bad, because you have to eat! But now I'm craving other things like spaghetti and apple juice (my new addiction.) I really hope other things start sounding good too. The first ultrasound is tomorrow! We'll keep you posted. :)

Much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving: the Gospel, family, friends, a warm home, a baby on the way, and let's not forget soft-serve ice cream (I don't care how cold it is outside!) ;)

13 comments:

Familia Forsloff said...

YEAH!!!!! How awesome...Im also glad I get to be the first one to comment! I remember when you told me you guys were gonna start trying again. Thats great news...I know that if any couple is ready to have two little ones its you guys. Congrats, now I cant wait for all the updates.

Michelle said...

Jenny!!!!!! I am so happy for you Mike, and Aaron. Congratulations! I am glad that you are not feeling sick and are getting plenty of rest. It is so gratifying to me to know that there are great people out there like you and Mike who choose to be parents. You are making this world a better place with the influence you will have in the life of your children. I miss you more now, knowing about this amazing new life change that you are about to experience.

Trish and Matt said...

Congrats!! I was thrilled to hear your news. Love ya!

Jenny said...

So excited for you. You are a great Mom. Aaron is getting so big. I feel like we are missing so much. Keep up with the pictures on your blog.
Kath

Michelle said...

Congratulations Jenny! That is so exciting. Your kids will be such good friends and that will be so fun for Aaron :)

michelle

Deb said...

Congratulations and I think soft serve ice cream is yummy anytime pregnant or not. Although Jon would think I'm nuts. Have a great Thanksgiving.

senategirl said...

You sly thing...holding out until NOW! I'm so excited for you to have another little one. I hope it is a little girl with lots of blonde curls!

Inspiration Station said...

What a special time to be thankful. I'm so thrilled for you and Mike. What fun we will have comparing notes when we have babies this spring! Happy Thanksgiving! Love ya!

J. Melody said...

I've been wondering how you're doing. So glad to hear all is well. I am so thrilled for the new little one. You are such a great mother, what blessed children you have. I am thankful for friends like you. Happy Thanksgiving!

Kara Mikesell said...

Jenny! I am so excited for you! Trent and I are also expecting a baby...I am 13 weeks...so we are due the beginning of June. We are hoping that the baby comes just a bit early because I have my last 3 master's classes in June...so things would be just a bit better if the baby came tiny bit early...but we know it will all work out. I am SO excited for you!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for your family. Aaron will be such a good big brother. I will think pink thoughts for you :o)

Heidi said...

Congratulations Mike and Jenny!!! How exciting!!! I'm so happy for you two as you are such great parents. Little Aaron will be such a great big brother.

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

Congrats on the new addition. What a blessing!