Background

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Joys of Home Ownership

This has been hard for me, living in unorganized chaos (as opposed to organized chaos.) I consider myself (or try to be) a fairly neat and tidy person, and living "in flux" has flung me far from my comfort zone. But all of these experiences are for our good, right? I've thought of five reasons, in no particular order, why I love being a homeowner, despite our current dwelling situation.

1. May sound silly, but I love having a mailbox at the end of our driveway. It's so nice and convenient to have a mailbox right there! What a concept. :)
2. I love being able to do what we want with this place. Granted, it's been hard work, and I have definitely developed a love-hate relationship with this house (which is probably quite often the case with fixer-uppers,) but it has been so rewarding and fun to see the progress and to watch as things come together.
3. This is the biggest place I've lived in since living at home - and I love it! I love the extra room.
4. I love that we're creating memories here, in a place our very own.
5. I love our quiet, peaceful neighborhood and neighbors who are friendly and helpful. I've been taking Aaron on walks every single day, and I love how walker-friendly the neighborhood is. And the weather has been wonderful! Clear, blue skies and not too warm. It's actually felt quite a bit like spring around here.

So there you have it. A few things to be thankful for on this happy Thursday. Stay tuned for pics as our counter tops are being installed tomorrow! Then the plumber comes Saturday, so the kitchen should be fully functional this weekend. Yah! It will be so nice to get a bit more settled. Any ideas for our inaugural meal?? Mike's cooking. ;) hehe, just teasing. :) He definitely deserves a good homecooked meal!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Jenny, you are so good at looking at the positive side of life! I am happy that your home is evolving into the kind of place where you can find comfort. I remember when I first moved from an apartment to our first place, I loved not hearing the neighbors. I will be anxious to see the new countertops!

amylouwhosews said...

I'm coming in a week and I can't wait to see it! I'll call you and let you know my plans. I think maybe Friday morning...

Heidi said...

Jenny,

I'm so glad things are coming together for you and that you get to fix a good old home cooked meal. That's so great that your enjoying life, even when it's hectic.