Background

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We Have A Kitchen!

The plumber came a few days later than originally scheduled, hence the late post. We are so thankful for the following things: running water at the kitchen sink, countertops, appliances, cabinets, a floor that doesn't squeak, food in the pantry, and a happy place to prepare meals. I appreciate these things so much more after having gone without them.

It's been almost exactly a month since we moved in, so to have a fully functioning kitchen is very, very wonderful. Thanks to the many people who helped and provided good design advice. It came together!! We're so happy!



Don't worry! These are the "before" pics. :) Yes, we actually bought this house!

And, some after shots.


We decided to go with light maple cabinets, and we chose dark countertops for contrast.





I found the cute valance on the clearance rack at Lowe's, and my Mom custom-fit it for the window. Thanks, Mom!


We custom ordered this rounded corner so no one (short people) would poke an eye out. ;)

It's done!! It looks better in person! ;) Doesn't it always?!

11 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

Oh, Jenny! Your kitchen looks absolutely fabulous. I love it! It turned out so nice. How wonderful you can now eat, cook, and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing before and after pics. Great job! I just love the contrast with the countertops and cabinets.
Love ya,
Mindy

melanie said...

wow, looks great! I'm so jealous! Must be such a relief to have it finished.

Heidi said...

very nice Jenny. I love the counter tops, and the rounded edges. I'm so glad you got it finished.

Trish and Matt said...

I think it looks great! So glad you posted pics. I've been wondering how it was going.

senategirl said...

Can I come cook in your kitchen?! It looks awesome!

Bubbles said...

Very nice Jenny! Good job. Looks very classy. I can't wait to see what you do with the rest

Michelle said...

It looks so nice, Jenny! I can only imagine how difficult it was to be without your kitchen for so long. Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Burnhams said...

Jenny: Does your mother travel for future work...the valance is wonderful. Can I borrow it when you are through...so cute! How beautiful the kitchen turned out..the wall color is perfect and the contrast between maple and counter tops was smart. Can't tell what's on the floor, but the braided rug is so homey. I love it, love it, love it.!

debbie said...

Hello, I am so happy you have a kitchen.
We still do not and I am not sure when we will- it has only been a year! lol.
Katrina has left for college, maybe now??
Keep up the good work Mathis family.

Asian Keng said...

Jenny! I LOVE the bright sunshiny kitchen!! Just how I had imagined it! I can't wait to come down and see it in person!

Halliday's said...

What a fun valance! So you!! : )