Background

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mike Installed the Microwave!

And it works! ;) Our kind neighbor, Marshall, came by just in time to help Mike lift the microwave into the space, while I held the cord. (Most important job.) :) We still need the countertops, which should arrive in a few weeks. We're getting closer to eating in!!



Here are a few other shots, just for fun.

Our yard is filled with these cute little toads. Aaron tried to eat this one. :)



Not surprising, since he eats everything else! :) He likes to eat, eat, eat eeples and baneenees (or whatever this was!)



My friend, Cecilia (insert Simon & Garfunkel song, because she's never heard it before!), came over with her daughters to watch Aaron so I could unpack. Her girls were so sweet with him! (Thanks, Cecilia!! We loved having you guys.)



I love this picture! Here's Aaron and his cousin, Madelyn. Madelyn came over with her mom, Martha, and Mike's mom to help us out. We loved having them! Come anytime!! (You can get a glimpse of our kitchen floor here. Sixteen-inch tiles. Thanks, Melody, for the good advice!)



Loves gettin' in your face!

15 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

Yeah a microwave! You're getting close to finishing. I love the maple cupboards you were talking about it and the tile. And what great friends and family to come and help you out! Hope it isn't too much longer. And I hope the paint works out.
Mindy :)

Michelle said...

Yay for arriving at the destination! I love all these pictures. And you can do a lot with a microwave. I'm so glad that you're making progress toward a livable home.

Unknown said...

Looks like you kitchen is really coming along!! I love the cabinets. Aaron is getting sooo big. He is so adorable. I love his cute little face :o)

Trish and Matt said...

I love the pic in the stroller. Adorable!

Need more pics of the house! Looks like you're making great progress.

Heidi said...

How exciting to have a microwave. Your house looks great, and I love your tile.

Burnhams said...

Jenny...forget about the micro-hood, Mike is finally using all of those covet'ed power tools! Can't waite to see the finale of the kitchen. Lots of love to the kitchen-beauticians!

Halliday's said...

Oh my goodness! That picture with Aaron and the toad! Aaron has one of your looks, Jenny! He's adorable! And I tell you what, as far as being an eater, Hugh is a ravenous man himself! We've never had a kid go so crazy over food. I'm beginning to wonder if he can smell or not b/c he'll eat anything, which sounds a lot like Aaron. hee!

Halliday's said...

Oh, and I love the 16" tiles. Do you have mostly wood, tile, or carpet?

Jenny said...

Stephanie, we have mostly hardwood. The kitchen, of course, is tile; the family room is carpet; and the laundry room is linoleum; the rest is hardwood. We've covered a lot of it with area rugs to give the house a warmer, more "homey" feel.

Familia Forsloff said...

Oh Jenny!!! I just cant get enough of Aaron...I love his sweet little face..I cant believe he is going to be a year in October! Cant wait to see the finished work on the house.

jalvarado said...

Jenny! Your boy is a doll! Your house looks so nice too. Where in VA do you live? Maybe we should come visit. :o)

Tana said...

I think your kitchen is coming along faster than mine! Nice job guys - looks great!

Jason Heilpern said...

wow your kids are getting so big!

Jenny said...

jason h.,
Kids? Last time I checked I only had one. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenny, this makes me so happy to see your cute little baby!! He looks just like you! It's crazy how life changes. I love that you are a mommy and a wife now. Missing you lots, Kasea