Background

Monday, May 19, 2008

They're Out There!

Just want to take a second to say how grateful I am for kind, helpful people. I think I'm just more aware of said people now that I actually need more help (comes with being a mom.) I have yet to go somewhere in Richmond with Aaron in a stroller where someone hasn't opened the door for us. Having a child has given me more faith and hope in society. People are aware of others; they are willing to help; and they often even say a kind word or two, sometimes in that sweet Southern accent. People have stopped us frequently to ask about Aaron, to ask how old he is, and to just make general conversation. Life isn't in such a hurry here - it's nice. It's people like this that make me want to be better and to spread the kindness.

6 comments:

J. Melody said...

Living in Utah I sometimes think people are so used to kids being everywhere they forget those extra kindnesses, then out of the blue someone will go the extra mile to be helpful and my faith is renewed. I love how you point out the positive and always uplift me!

senategirl said...

I know exactly how you feel! I think kids must charm others and they remember their manners. I love all the extra help I get too!

Michelle said...

I think that noticing these incidents and appreciating them actually helps us "attract" similar positive experiences. Besides, it is so healthy to be grateful!

Jason Heilpern said...

Hey just got your blog invite! I thought you had forgotten about me...(sad Face)...but then I got the invite and my face turned to a smile...lol...glad to see you are still doing well.

Bubbles said...

You're so positive Jenny! Enjoy this phase. Wait till your kid is throwing a tantrum in the store and everyone is staring at you in annoyance or telling you to shut your kid up. Babies are easy to love for sure though, and your baby is so dang cute! Call me when he turns 4!:)

Halliday's said...

Jenny, don't you just love being in a more laid back place. I think when life is slower paced, it gives people more time to reflect and notice the little things more...like helping young mothers, etc... I love it! sigh... : )