Background

Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Perfect Colander

So I've been searching for the perfect colander for the past two years. Not just any colander would do. It had to be creamy/yellow with an elegant look to it. We've seriously gone two years without one of these things since I could never find one I liked enough to buy. So I'm picky about my colanders. (I'm really not this picky about most kitchen stuff - promise.)

Then Mike surprised me today with the perfect Mother's Day gift: a sweet little colander in just the right shade of pale/creamy yellow. Apparently it already has other uses ...




Happy Mother's Day to all of you wonderful moms and moms-to-be! Thank you for your dedication, care, selflessness, and love toward the little ones. I hope you have a wonderful day. Think we're gonna make some pasta tomorrow ...

p.s. ... Before opening the gift, Mike told me he got me a training potty for Aaron for my Mother's Day gift. I believed him at first, of course, and was a little dumbfounded and bratty about it. "What??" I asked. "That would be a gift for Aaron -- not for me," I said, only half joking. I proceeded to tell him he needed to consult with my sister from now on for gift-giving ideas. Needless to say ... I was very pleasantly surprised when he emerged into the living room with a bag containing the highly sought-after kitchen product. Mike gets me every time. Who says men aren't good shoppers??? Love ya, Mike! Thanks for the great gift! Looks great on Aaron. ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same colander!! I got it at Williams Sonoma years ago. I love it because it looks retro. Glad to see you have found some other uses for it. I am always looking for creative potty training tips for boys ;o)

Michelle said...

What a wonderful gift! It's so cute the way Mike teases you. Your tribute to mothers is just right on. Thank you for your words. I love reading your blog!

Heidi said...

Jenny,

It's so good to see your blog again. Aaron is getting so big. I can't believe he can sit up now. And Mike did fabulous on the colander. Very sweet.

Inspiration Station said...

What a tease, that Mike! Sounds like it was worth waiting for the perfect colander. And of course it had to be yellow. :)
Mindy

Familia Forsloff said...

Isnt it funny how we know exactly what we want and we have this perfect picture in our head of what it should look like?! I am the same way..its taken me 2 months to find the perfect diaper bag and I finally found it a week before he is due!

Halliday's said...

I love it too! And I tell you what... our husbands really seem to get the better of us and love it, eh? What a funny man! May you have many a dinner using it! : )