Background

Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Four P's

Well, we've been on the house hunt for some time now and are getting slightly discouraged. My dad gave us some wonderful, fatherly advice pertaining to our current situation. Here it is:
1 - Patience
2 - Paint (never underestimate the power of paint; it can do wonders.)
3 - Positive (stay positive.)
Mike added the fourth P: Prayer (always essential.) :)
We'll keep you posted on our progress (I guess that would be the fifth P ... .)
It was great to have my parents here visiting and earlier this week, Dianne, Mike's mom. They came to help us out since I had minor surgery on my toe (pregnancy related). Needless to say, I was pretty out of it and immobile the first couple of days especially, so we're very grateful to have family nearby and for the help.
Here is my dad being funny with Aaron. He's grabbing his foot, just like Aaron does! What is it with babies and their feet? :)

10 comments:

melanie said...

I'm so jealous you have all this family close enough to help! Glad you're feeling better.

Michelle said...

Sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, but so thrilled that you and Aaron could spend time with your family! Your Dad gave you some great house hunting advice. I'm sorry that it's been so frustrating!

J. Melody said...

Aaron is getting so big and so cute! I forgot to mention that it took us nine offers to finally get our house. So hold on. The right place will come and all will fall into place. Love the four "P"s. Say hello to your parents. They are so great!

Unknown said...

What did pregnancy do to your toe? Toe surgery sounds painful!! House hunting is a fun yet stressful time. The right place will come along and you'll know it when you see it.

Familia Forsloff said...

Dont worry, just when you least expect it the right house will come along (just like our husbands!) Youll know it when you see it! Sorry to hear about your toe..i remember when your poor feet got swollen and know Im the one putting my feet up on the bench at church!

senategirl said...

Hope you are feeling much better! P.S. Don't let Aaron suck on your hurt toe. Tell him to stick to his feet.

amylouwhosews said...

so funny - they do love their feet. 2 year olds do too. I think that's why Alison has a thing for shoes...

The Solley Six said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Halliday's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Halliday's said...

Sorry about your toe! Having kids does crazy things to your body! Ack! I don't even want to think about it. : ) Love ya! And Happy house hunting! We casually looked for about a year and then solid for about 4 months. I really did get tired of it and finally threw in the towel. haha It was Eric who pushed to keep looking and then we found our home and moved less than 2 months later. I'm so glad he was determined. Best wishes!