Background

Monday, November 12, 2007

Men In Yellow


I love the color yellow. It's so bright and cheerful. I love walking into a yellow room. I love yellow flowers, particularly roses. I love a man in a yellow tie (okay, I love my husband, Dad, and brothers in a yellow tie.) :) (See pic.) I love yellow cake. :) I love dressing my sweet babe in yellow. (And this isn't one of those cases where I'm trying to project my desire for a daughter onto my son by dressing him in girl clothes.) Yellow is one of those things that simply makes my life happier. And with Thanksgiving being just around the corner and all, thought I would list a few other things for which I'm grateful --- right up there with the color yellow.
- I'm thankful for all of the lovely and wonderful women in my life -- my beloved mother, mother-in-law, sister, sisters-in-law, aunts, cousin (yes, shockingly, I only have one female cousin!), and girlfriends with whom I laugh; cry; share hopes, dreams, and anxieties; swap advice; build courage; shop (!); travel (well, back in the day!), and enjoy life.
- I'm thankful that my husband still asks me out on dates. That doesn't mean we actually go ... having a baby kind of changed the dating situation. :)
- I'm thankful for those people who leave their shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot for people like me who don't want to haul their car seat through the entire parking lot. (I always thought it was rude for people not to return their shopping cart, but now I realize they're just doing people like me a favor!) ;)
- I'm thankful for good news ... wedding and baby announcements, job opportunities, friends who get new furniture.
-I'm thankful for all the seasons, but especially fall. I love the gorgeous autumnal colors, the crisp air, and breaking out cozy sweaters. Every day of fall is spectacular!
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, what are you most thankful for this year?
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." -Marcel Proust

4 comments:

J. Melody said...

I love this post. I may have to do one like it. I'm thankful for so many wonderful things, including a good friend like you. Stealing the line from "As Good as it Gets"...you make me want to be a better person. Thank you!

Michelle said...

You are a writer for a reason, Jennifer! I have been thinking about what I am most grateful for and I think it has to be time--I still have my children at home with me and so I can really be with them. I can make memories with them, teach them, shower them with love. Also, I am healthy, so I am usually not distracted by the aches and pains that can come as we age. I have a wonderful family and they mean so much to me.

Trish and Matt said...

Such a cute photo! And such a great post. Thanks for sharing.

melanie said...

I'm thankful that I have a sister and that my girls have sisters. Such a unique bond sisters are, thick and thin, good and bad.