Background

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Highlights In My Hair ... Er, My Life



Pregnancy did something to my hair. It made it darker. Much darker. Must be the hormones. Or maybe it was just the fact that I didn't highlight my hair for nine months or so. ;) So, six weeks post-pregnancy, I decided I needed a fresh, new look. I mean, what woman has not felt that way after giving birth ... and what is her secret? Anyhow, so I asked my husband if he likes my hair better with or without highlights. (As if it makes a difference to him!) Mike, smart man that he is, said something like, "I like it however you're happiest." Naturally, I made the hair appointment. Best part was that the stylist came to our home to do my hair - so much more convenient when there's a baby involved. She works independently so almost always travels to her clients' homes. Perks of living in a small town. She's great. So I got the highlights and I feel better already. (Amazing what a little color can do.) :) Of course, the real highlights in my life are my darling husband & the baby... ;)

11 comments:

Jason Heilpern said...

I Like it Dark...Plus I like it with it down...you hardley ever let it down on the mission.

Inspiration Station said...

Looks so nice Jenny! My hair totally turned dark with having kids too. Maybe someday I'll do the highlight thing. Just don't have time to keep it up right now. I hope you had a fabulous Thanksgiving.
Love ya,
Mindy :)

Jenny said...

Thanks, Mindy! I can't wait to see you soon. xxoo to you and your fam!

amylouwhosews said...

Your hair is super long too!! It looks great! And so does Aaron in that adorable red sweater and hat!!! Where did that come from? I want one for the brother of Alison!

I went and had my haircut on Friday and she asked me if I would let her highlight it after I had the baby. I said, YES! it's getting dark too. And then she started cutting it and was like, "Are you sure it's only been 8 weeks?" Pregnancy hormones and the prenatal vitamins make it grow like a weed!! Can't wait to see you! Just a few short weeks!

melanie said...

aaron is huge! I think he looks about the same size as lucia.

Trish and Matt said...

Aaron looks adorable in that red sweater and cap!

My pregnancies didn't do anything to my hair, unless you count that new layer of tiny, annoying little bangs that came in each time. I'm still trying to grow those babies out! The things we do for our kids....

Jenny said...

Melanie - I was telling Mike what you wrote about Aaron being the same size as Lucia, and Aaron totally started laughing. I remember you saying Lucia laughed when I was talking to you about Aaron. The cuz's must be kindred spirits. ;)

Traci said...

Your hair looks great! Keep posting pictures of the little guy. He's getting so big.

Michelle said...

Jenny, that is such a pretty picture of you holding Aaron! You look so maternal. I love the highlights.

The Solley Six said...

Hello! i can't believe you just started this blog and you already have 9 comments...but now i see that you were commenting yourself so that doesn't totally count. i also can't believe you are a mom! and i can't buh-lieve your name is Stathis-Mathis ! how can your life be so perfect?! i'm so glad Mel is blogging again (dare i hope it goes beyond one post?) and glad she led me here and glad all is well with you and now i have to go and see Mindy's blog because i sort of remember her as Marcie's friend. happy birthday to Aaron!

J. Melody said...

Looks like the hormones made your hair grow like crazy. Why doesn't mine do that. You also look very skinny. What's your secret?