Background

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Blogging for Baby



Never thought I'd blog. Didn't think my life was that exciting (still don't!). But we decided to create a blog merely to post photos and share memories of our sweet baby boy - Aaron Stephen. We welcomed him into the world October 2 at 3:27 in the afternoon. He weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces and was 21 inches long. Big boy! Good thing he came a week early. ;) Six weeks later, he's almost 11 pounds! We were so grateful for the love and support of our dear friends here and for the helpfulness and wonderfulness of both sets of grandparents - G&G Mathis and G&G Stathis - who visited. We absolutely adore our baby. He loves to cuddle, and he loves dancing to Spanish music with his Dad. Who knew I'd enjoy motherhood so much? I thought it'd be all work, no play, and no sleep. I was right about the no sleep part. :) But it's definitely the funnest, most wonderful role I've ever filled. This boy is an absolute sweetheart! Can't wait for you all to meet him. Here are pics with his papa and mama.

12 comments:

amylouwhosews said...

YAY!!!! I'm so glad you have a blog now too!! I never thought I would blog either, but I started after Alison was born. Kids make your life more interesting don't they!

I can't wait to see you guys next month and snuggle the little cutie-pie!!
xoxox

amylouwhosews said...

P.S. and by the way - you're a WRITER ! You of all people SHOULD be blogging! ;)

Inspiration Station said...

Isn't blogging fun! Especially when you have a baby to spoil and share stories and pictures about. Amy is so right too, you are a great writer so you'll have no problem. I'm thrilled for your new role as a mama. It is a lot of fun! Aaron looks so sweet. Can't wait to meet him. I'll be out for Laura's wedding.
Love ya,
Mindy :)

Unknown said...

Jenny,

He is beautiful! What a wonderful blessing.

Thank you for sharing these pictures with me. Think of you often.

Kate Theroux

Asian Keng said...

JENNY! WELCOME TO THE BLOGGING WORLD!!

It was always meant to be. Jen Cubed lives on in cyberspace.

I love the baby! Can't wait to meet him in person!

Love, JenJen

Familia Forsloff said...

Jenny, He is soooo handsome!..I feel so fortunate to live close by you guys so I get to see the little guy all the time and spend time with such a great couple!

Michelle said...

Oh Jenny thank you so much for sharing these wonderful pictures! Even though I live nearby, it's so fun to see him posing with Dad and Mom! I am looking forward to reading a writers blog!

David said...

He already looks so different. I can't wait to meet the little guy in person.

J. Melody said...

Jenny,
So glad you joined the blogging world. I love how people expect writers to blog at a higher standard. Don't they know how exhausting it is to write well all the time (like I would really know)? I promise I won't edit your blog if you don't edit mine. Aaron is perfect!! I couldn't be happier for you.
:)Melody

Monica said...

Jen,
Congratulations! i also am new to blog land. I can't wait to see more pictures of your boy! He's beautiful (in a very manly way:). And if I am ever in Oregon I am totally coming over. The same invitation is open if you are ever in Illinois.

Monica

jimrybicki said...

He is so handsome I just want to hug him! I'm thrilled you have a blog so we can keep up with you and your family.

Btw, you look amazing for just giving birth six weeks ago!

Lots of love,
Rybickis

jimrybicki said...

P.S. This is Jen. Jim was somehow logged into his gmail account and it accepted it.