Background

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grant's birthday



We celebrated Grant's birthday with help from some close friends this week. We had a little celebration at our neighborhood nursery on Monday, and on Tuesday (his actual birthday) we went to the YMCA so the boys could swim. Then we went to Lucky Wishbone for dinner. Probably not a repeat since Mike and I agreed that the food was too greasy.

Grant is such a sweet little boy -- I can't believe he is already 4! He assures me, though, that he'll always love me, even when he's a teenager! (We'll see about that!) :)

In keeping with tradition, here's a little birthday letter to Grant:

Dear Grant,

You are such a sweet little boy. You are also very helpful. You always want to help Dad bring in the groceries. You are easy to take shopping because you are content with a little treat and don't whine for a lot of toys! You are very smart. You retain things well. The other day we were driving, and you spotted a sign on a store in the shape of an octagon. "That's an octagon!" you said. You remember letters well. You're excited to attend preschool in a few months. You love learning and enjoy attending Primary. You are a cute little boy and very lovable. You always want to hug and kiss me goodnight. I hope this lasts for a long time! You LOVE to have dance parties. The other day some music was on and you looked up at me and said, "Dance with me, mama." Of course there's no way I could turn down this invitation! I love dancing with you too. You are so fun. You love to eat fruit--any kind. You eat a lot of it every day. That is probably why you are so strong!

Thanks for being laid-back, sweet, and fun. Happy 4th birthday!

We love you!
Mom
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Inspiration Station said...

what a fun tradition to write your kids a letter on their birthday!