Background

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Sweet Samantha



We have been so blessed to have Sami in our lives. (This is the new spelling for her nickname. :) A friend suggested it, and I love it. Feminine, sweet, and simple.) Mike calls her "Sweetie." Grant calls her "Cutie" (pronounced "Coo-tie") or "Samanfa."

I feel like I've posted a lot of pictures of her but haven't really talked much about her personality. She is fun, laughs easily, and has a quick smile. She has brought us immeasurable joy and in many ways is not at all what I expected when I got a daughter! Let me explain.

Samantha is busy, active, and on the go. I guess I was expecting a baby girl who is more chill and content to sit back and relax. :) Not Samantha! She does not let life pass her by. She likes to be held (a lot) and is more active than I remember either of the boys being. Mike described her as 'spunky', and I think this is a good adjective for her. She always wants to be doing something - chewing on a toy, playing with something in her hands, or chewing on her feet. She seems to bore rather easily. She definitely likes to be in on the action! I'm not too worried - she has two older brothers to help keep her busy and entertained. :) I think we've got a go-getter on our hands :-) Or maybe just a really great athlete!! We love that little girl. She is very fun (and busy!) She has seriously blessed our lives so much. We feel so fortunate to have such a sweet and beautiful little girl in our home!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Jenny, I'm so glad you like the spelling of her nickname! She is a beautiful dolly.

Jenny Ramsey said...

Such a cutie pie!! :)