Background

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy birthday Aaron!

Dear Aaron,

You just turned FIVE! I have been rather emotional lately -- granted I am pregnant -- about this milestone. I will tell you, "I'm going to miss you when you're not little anymore!" Your response? "Ya mean when I'm a teenager?" Yes, that's exactly what I mean! :)

You are wonderful. You scored a goal during your first-ever soccer game! You seem to be a good player! You are smart and often surprise me with your vocabulary. You get to start kindergarten next year! You seem to know a lot about the world around you. You LOVE playing with Grant. You enjoy climbing the trees in our back yard and have yet to get hurt (knock on wood!) You're very into super heroes, particularly Spider-Man, Captain America, Superman, and Ice Man. You enjoy reading from the children's Book of Mormon. You seem very attentive and ask good questions. You have a speaking part in the upcoming Primary Program in Sacrament Meeting. Your line is, "This makes it easier to make choices Heavenly Father would be happy with." You almost have it memorized!!

The only fruits that you say you like are apples and oranges. You love chocolate milk and root beer (who doesn't!) and will almost always eat your vegetables.

You had a blast in Virginia when we were just there visiting. Your Ninas and Papas and cousins are very special to you. You speak of them often. You seem to have a good grasp on the importance of family.

You often think of others. Your preschool teacher was sick the other day, and on your own, came and told me you wanted to draw her a picture to help her feel better. You told me what to write.

We hope you continue to be the confident, happy, and wonderful little boy that you are today. You give great hugs and kisses. You seem to be so excited to meet your little sis. The other night you hugged my belly and said, "I'm loving my sister."

You're a sweet little boy and definitely keep things interesting around here! Thank you for being a part of our family and for sharing so much joy everyday.

We love you!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

We miss having you closer!

Inspiration Station said...

Such a sweet note for a sweet birthday boy. Don't you wish sometimes we could freeze time so our little ones didn't grow up! I can't believe Aaron is 5 now.