Background

Monday, December 10, 2007

Best Weekend



The weekend kicked off with a visit with Santa at our church's Christmas party. We then enjoyed an authentic German meal with friends before hitting the road. We made the trek to Portland Friday evening.



Wedding bells chimed on Saturday when my dear friend, Laura, married her sweetheart, Ron, in the Portland LDS Temple. (Pictured above is Laura with her sister, Joy, and two of Laura's adorable nieces.) It was such a beautiful wedding and reception. Congratulations, Laura and Ron. We are so thrilled for the two of you. Loved the winter wonderland theme! So appropriate. :) Not only did I get to see the lovely bride but also our other former roommates, Mindy and Stephanie. We had such a blast! I loved every minute of catching up with these sweet friends. So wonderful to visit with such great friends. I miss you guys already!! My sister once called us the "wedding groupies" because we always have mini roommate reunions at people's wedding receptions. Now that we're all hitched, we'll just have to think of another reason to get together (not that we need a reason!) ... so, here's to two more years, guys!! (Or did we say a year-and-a-half?) :)

To top off an already fantastic weekend, I flew back east to be with the fam for Christmas. Doesn't get much better than this! Mike, Mel and fam, and Jon and fam, come soon! We miss you guys already!!

Truly a wonderful time of year.



Here's me with Stephanie; Laura's brother, Aaron; and Mindy. Aaron's wife, Alisa, gave birth to the twin girls nine months ago. So cute! I'm so into babies now ... it's ridiculous. ;)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that you have maintained contact with your good friends from college! How enriching for you.

Inspiration Station said...

It was so great being with you again for Laura's wedding. Aaron is so precious. So glad I could finally meet your little man. You make such a good mom!