Background

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Catching Up




Not sure if anyone reads our blog anymore, but I posted a few new entries tonight to try to get caught up!

This summer has been good - and busy! I got a job working at the front desk of a country club-ish gym. It is a sweet job. I just work five hours one evening a week, and I get free access to everything at the gym! It has a wonderful daycare, so I can work out during the day, and it's a very nice, clean facility. It boasts indoor/outdoor pools and tennis courts, weights, machines, classes, etc. I can also put Aaron and Grant in the daycare for free while I work so Mike can go for a bike ride when he gets home from work. Definitely a great blessing.

A highlight of the summer has been getting to see so much family and getting to spend some quality time with my sister Melanie and her beautiful girls. They came to escape the blazing-hot Arizona summer. We spent a week with them at my parents' house, and then they came to Richmond to visit us for a couple of days. Melanie treated the kids and me to a day at the Richmond Children's Museum, which was a lot of fun. Thanks Melanie!! We enjoyed having you and hope one day we can live closer!

5 comments:

Trish and Matt said...

The job sounds awesome! Glad you found something that works out so well for you all.

Inspiration Station said...

That is great when you can get together with your sister and the cousins can play. I wish my sister lived closer. I'm excited for your new job. Score!

Unknown said...

Can we say, "DREAM JOB!!!!" You've got the perfect set up.

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

Hi I check the blog every couple weeks. Nice job for you and the family. Once upon a time I was the babysitter at a nice gym as a young teen in a place like that.
Oh and hey, I used to live in Richmond from K-5th grade. Does the Children's museum still have the jobs/play areas for kids. TV anchor, dentist, truck driver,store shopping area. I still remember that place. Hope you come by my blog too. When are you coming to UT? Miss ya! Stacy

Halliday's said...

Ah, Jenny! Family is so nice to have around even if it's only for a day or two. How fun to make a little $ and still be right there with the little guys! Great set up for sure! I want to see some buff arms now!!! he he That is from working out! : )